How does this affect formaldehyde depots2?
Some Rhenus Lub products contain formaldehyde depots, which can release formaldehyde. Products must be labelled only if they contain a concentration of 1000 ppm (= 0.1%) of formaldehyde in its released form. With rhenus coolants, you can be secure in the knowledge that this value is never exceeded.
Even if we are not legally obliged to do so, determining the concentration of formaldehyde has long been a part of the standard measurements at Rhenus Lub. The experts in our laboratory use a Skalar system to determine the maximum possible amount of formaldehyde that can be released from the formaldehyde depot. The measuring method proves that rhenus coolants containing formaldehyde depots can be used safely and without risk.
Following the publication of the directive on the classification of formaldehyde, coolants from Rhenus Lub:
- Have the full rhenus safety guarantee
- Do not require any modified handling procedures
- Are not subject to any labelling requirements with respect to formaldehyde and formaldehyde depots
- Are totally safe to use after standard laboratory tests
- Offer a continued choice between products with or without formaldehyde depots
We are there for you
Do you need further information about formaldehyde and formaldehyde depots? We would be pleased to help you further.
1Formaldehyde = proportions in free form
2Formaldehyde depots = proportions in compound form